2 Samuel 6:1-23
- David demonstrates a great desire and passion for nearness and fellowship with the Lord.
- God’s holiness is such that sinful humanity cannot draw near to Him unless He provides a means for us to do so.
- God can use tragic moments in life to show us our weakness and need for Him.
- Unrestrained worship flows from a humble heart captured by the grace of God.
- Worship God according to His word, with humility, joy, gratitude, and enthusiasm.
Exodus 19:12-13, 16-20, 1 Chronicles 13:1-14, 15:1-29
- What is the Spirit prompting you to do because of hearing this message?
- How do you see David pointing to Jesus in this message? How should that begin to shape your life?
- What does the death of Uzzah tell you about God and about yourself?
- Who do you most identify with in this story? David, Uzzah or Michal?
- David’s worship has been described as passionate and unrestrained in this message. How would you describe your worship?
- Who do you need to share this message with this week?