2 Samuel 16:5-14
- Choose not to retaliate when you have been wronged by another.
- Don’t ignore what God might be teaching you through the criticism of others.
- Trust that the Lord sees your misery and will bring vindication and restoration.
Exodus 22:28, 1 Samuel 19:16-17, 1 Kings 2:8-9, 36-46, Romans 12:19
- What is the Spirit prompting you to do after hearing this message?
- How do you typically respond to criticism or personal attacks?
- What can you learn from David and his response to Shimei?
- Which of the three points above are most difficult for you to carry out? Why? Spend time praying for the Lord’s enablement.
- Who do you need to share this message with this week?