2 Samuel 11
- Sexual sin is often the result of gradual compromises over time.
- Sexual desire is not wrong but can quickly get out of control.
- No one is immune to sexual sin and its ability to cloud judgment.
Three action steps:
- Develop a plan that will help you avoid undue temptation.
- Invite others to help encourage you to remain faithful.
- Cultivate a love for the King and His Kingdom that far exceeds your own desires.
Deuteronomy 17:14-20, 1 Sam 21:5, 2 Samuel 1:13-16
- What is the Spirit prompting you to do because of hearing this message?
- How might God be calling you to align with his purpose for sexual
- What does it mean to say with great power comes great responsibility in the context of 2 Samuel 11?
- How does David abuse his power in this account of Scripture?
- Based on Uriah’s example, what action steps do you need to incorporate in your life?
- Who do you need to share this message with this week?