1 Samuel 16:1-13
- God’s anointed pursues and reflects the heart of God and yields power for the advantage of others.
- God’s anointed is not chosen for a divine assignment based on outward appearance.
- God’s anointed is not exempt from a life of challenges and suffering.
1 Samuel 2:6-10, 1 Samuel 13:13-14, 1 Samuel 15, 2 Corinthians 1:22
- What is the Spirit prompting you to do because of hearing this message?
- How does the life of David point to the life of Jesus?
- How are you pursuing the heart of God in this new year?
- How do you deal with the temptation to accrue power and wealth for your own benefit?
- In what ways can you yield power for the advantage of others?
- How do you typically respond to challenges and suffering in this life? How might it be a way for you to point to Jesus?
- Who do you need to share this message with this week?