- The genealogy of Jesus establishes his lineage as the fulfillment of the covenantal promises of God to Abraham and David.
- The genealogy of Jesus is structured to highlight the centrality of David which emphasizes His legal right to be King.
- The genealogy of Jesus includes Gentile women to express the universal mission of His kingdom for all people.
Genesis 12:1-3, 2 Samuel 7:12-16, Matthew 28:19, John 1:11-13
- What is the Spirit prompting you to do because you heard this message?
- What new insights did you discover from Jesus’ genealogy?
- What does the genealogy tell you about God’s mission in the world and your role?
- Spend time reflecting on how you can extend the reach of the Kingdom to people who are not like you. How might God be calling you to get involved in the work of the great commission?
- Who do you need to share this message with this week?