Leviticus 25:8-17, 23-55
- Every 50 years, the Year of Jubilee was to be initiated on the Day of Atonement.
- Jubilee affirms that Yahweh is sovereign over the land and the people.
- Jubilee calls for obedience and trust that God will provide.
- Jubilee is inaugurated and ultimately fulfilled in the person of Jesus.
- As followers of Jesus, we can demonstrate the jubilee principles in our everyday lives.
Numbers 26:52-56, Luke 4:16-21, 7:20-22, Acts 1:6, 3:21, 4:32-35, 1 Peter 1:3
- What is the Spirit prompting you to do because of hearing this message?
- Spend time this week thanking God for the gift of redemption through the work of Christ.
- How do you think the Israelites felt about God’s jubilee legislation?
- Describe a time when you had to obey God’s economic principles and trust that He would provide for you.
- In what way is God inviting you to join him in the work of restoration?
- How might you begin demonstrating to others the grace and mercy given to you?
- Who do you need to share this message with this week?