- Outward religious works alone do not please God
- God requires that we live with a humble heart as we treat our neighbors with justice and mercy.
- Point #3: God’s has always required and modeled faithfulness, justice, and mercy.
Isaiah 1:16-17; Amos 2:6-8
- How has the Spirit convicted you as a result of this message?
- How have you been faithful to God? To you brothers and sisters in Christ? To you fellow image bearers?
- Have you tried to please God with only church attendance and other “religious” works? Have you ever been convicted by the Spirit for your treatment of your neighbor?
- What specific practices will help you to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly?